Grand Mal Seizures | Medicines and Support Care Is All Needed To Handle It
Drugs, Meds & Grand Mal Seizures
Grand mal seizures have been thought of a kind of hereditary problem but nowadays people with chronic diabetes, poor diet and high level of stress can also be its victim. Seizures are caused when the neuron is unable to transmit signals from one neuron to another in the usual order in the brain. Grand mal seizures are a common kind of seizure that affects every part of the brain and causing complete unconsciousness. Researchers have been in dilemma as to what causes it but they often describe it as an act of neurological disorder, which they have termed as neurofibromatosis.
Various Medicines Are Avaliable To Cure Grand Mal Seizure But Always Take A Proper Advise From Doctor
Some Common Grand Mal Seizures Medicines
There are many treatments available in the market for treating grand mal seizures. But the following are few most common medicines that you can make yourself familiar:
- Phenytoin – It’s one of the oldest medicine, it mainly acts on sodium channels in the brain. It is not used most often because it has number of side effects.
- Phenobarbital – It is mainly given to adults. It works by secreting GABA in larger amount which produces sedation in the brain. It is not advised for children because it may lead to memory loss in them due to sedation in the brain.
- Valproic Acid – This is most commonly used. It is a combination of GABA secretion and sodium channel. Its normal side effects may cause drowsiness, stomachache but its severe side effects may lead to liver damage.
- Topiramate – It works by blocking carbonic anhydrase, a main activity of the brain. It is common for both adult and children. It also has side effects both severe and common.
Any medicine should be taken under special instruction of the doctor. These are most common drugs to treat generalized or grand mal seizures but they may not work too as seizure kind and type always differ from person to person.
Neurological Disorder Causes Grand Mal Seizures
Stop Alcohol And Drug Use Before It’s Too Late
There are many factors that can contribute to grand mal seizures. Following could be few of them:
- If you have a family history of a person suffering with any kind of seizure.
- Any kind of injury to the brain may also result in seizures attack.
- Sleep disorder may also give arise to seizures in few cases.
- Problems in the body that causes electrolyte imbalance.
- Use of cocaine and other explicit drugs.
- Addiction to drink heavy alcohol.
Follow a ketogenic diet which is composed of high fat and low carbohydrate food to maintain a healthy body to fight against grand mal seizures. When the body starts burning fat, it secretes ketones and they help in controlling seizures.
Feel Free To Transfer Knowledge To Others
People often find themselves frightened after having a grand mal seizure attack as it is repetitive in nature. You should not worry about it and if you are suffering with grand mal seizures or any kind of seizure it might be very helpful that you talk about it with people who are suffering with the same and transfer knowledge about it. There are many support group and Epilepsy foundation that you can call and communicate your doubts and questions. So always feel free to do the same, it’s not the end of the world.
Grand Mal Seizures Related information & Strategies
The most beneficial and only way you are able to help yourself be prepared and live with grand mal seizures is by examining and mastering more about them. So have a look at more posts on our grand mal seizures web pages.
Matched Links from Dolyan Sites / Google